changasite

Friday, April 22, 2011

coco oil on good friday

As a child, my grandma would make oil out of coco milk during Good Friday. To these days, my mom does it the same. I don't know is this is religion related or just a tradition. But my mom believes that oil cooked/made on a Good Friday got healing powers/effect. As soon as the oil is done, she would set aside for cooling then transfer it to a clean jar, to replace the oil made the year before.
Last night, she called all the kids and them them with the coco oil. The kids obligued, no complaints were heard. Then my 9 year old daughter suddenly asked:
Child: Grandma, u applied oil on my arms and legs, when I go to sleep won't i be feasted by the ants?
Grandma: No baby, not at all, hahaha.....
Me: Ha hahahahahahaha (ellek mode)

No comments:

Post a Comment