changasite

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Desperately Batanes

Two weeks ago my girlfriend decided to take a trip to sagada.We researched somuch on Sagada and opted for Batanes instead for more adventure. We alternately surfed thenet for possible flight booking. For two weeks we found all seats sold out. We never gave up and tried other ways to get to Batanes. We found a website that there is a carrier thru MV Princess Ivatan at the Currimao Port. Early morning the following day I set out for Currimao Port only to my great dismay to f ind out that MV Pricess Ivatan is no longer operational. I asked the personalities at the port for some other liner but there was none. Seair and Zest Airways (formerly Asian Spirit) are the only means of going to Batanes. And yet airfare is such a big deal and takes toll in reservation, if not fully booked.

Now my question is, do all people in Batanes ever afford the airfare? I even called up the manager of a certain cooperative in Batanes who used to manage MV Princess Ivatan for some suggestion of an alternative means aside from Seair and Zest Airways, there was none.

Now my girlfriend and I dropped the idea of Batanes.

Where's the excitement?

No comments:

Post a Comment